In collaboration with the Volvo Ocean Race and Abu Dhabi Ocean Racing Team, IWC Schaffhausen will provide IWC enthusiasts with the opportunity to take part in a totally unique “Money Can’t Buy” experience at two of the Volvo Ocean Race events.
To enter the competition each participant must correctly answer a question about IWC. The competition is divided into two draws, and there will only be two winners. The first prize draw will take place in September 2011 and will see the lucky winner whisked off to join the Abu Dhabi Ocean Racing Team and IWC Schaffhausen at the start of the Race in Alicante, Spain (October 2011).
The second prize draw will take place in March 2012 and will see the winner whisked off to Miami, Florida, USA (May 2012), where they can experience the excitement of the in-port races.
In addition to these two exceptional experiences, each of the winners will be presented with an IWC Portuguese Yacht Club Chronograph, get acquainted with members of the Abu Dhabi Ocean Racing Team and their boat, as well as join IWC aboard one of the IWC hospitality sailing boats.
The competition (hereinafter referred to as the “Competition”) will start on 10th August 2011 and will last until 16th March 2012.
During this time, participants (hereinafter referred to as “Participants”) will be asked to submit the correct answer to a multiple-choice question about IWC together with their personal information in order that two Participants be selected to win an IWC Portuguese Yacht Club Chronograph and a paid trip to one of the Volvo Ocean Race event locations mentioned above.
The Competition is available online at http://www.IWC.com/money-cant-buy-experiences.
Prior to participating in the Competition, Participants must have read and understood the Participation Rules, which are available in English and German only.
1. These Participation Rules (hereinafter referred to as “Rules”) apply to the IWC competition (hereinafter referred to as the “Competition”). By entering the Competition, entrants expressly agree to be bound by these Rules. However, this Competition shall be void where prohibited by local law.
2. The Competition is promoted and organized by IWC, Branch of Richemont International S.A., Baumgartenstrasse 15, 8201 Schaffhausen, Switzerland (hereinafter referred to as “IWC”) in collaboration with VOLVO OCEAN RACE, S.L.U. and the Abu Dhabi Ocean Racing Team.
3. The Competition is playable from 10 August 2011 noon (12:00 CET) until 16 March 2012. Each Participant will participate in the Competition exclusively online through the following website: http://www.IWC.com/money-cant-buy-experiences.
4. These Rules are only available in English and German and are displayed on the Competition web page at www.IWC.com/mcbe-contest-terms-rules. If you do not understand the Rules then you should not participate.
5. IWC reserves the right to cancel the Competition and/or change the Rules at any time without prior notice to Participants. Any changes will be posted on the IWC website.
6. The Competition is NOT open to minors and to qualify to enter the Competition you must be of legal age (for example, over 18 in most European countries). IWC assumes that by using its web site and entering the Competition you warrant that you have the legal capacity to enter the Competition and accept the Rules (i.e. that you are of sufficient age and mental capacity and are entitled to be legally bound in contract).
7. Employees and immediate family members of employees of IWC and their associated companies, professional advisors, the Volvo Ocean Race and Abu Dhabi Ocean Racing Team, advertising and promotional agencies connected with the creation or administration of the Competition are not eligible to take part in the Competition. IWC reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all Participants.
8. There is no purchase requirement to participate in the Competition, and there is no charge to register for use of the IWC website (www.IWC.com) other than the usual Internet connection charges payable to your service provider and/or telephone company.
9. By participating in the Competition you hereby warrant that all personal details submitted by you are true, current and complete and that the e-mail addresses you submit are accurate and valid. Furthermore, IWC does not send unsolicited e-mails, and therefore you confirm that you have the consent of the friends whose e-mails addresses you submit.
10. IWC reserves the right to disqualify any Participant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the Participant has breached any of these Rules.
11. In the event of the Competition being regarded as illegal in the country of a Participant, the latter must refrain from participating.
12. The Competition begins on 10th August 2011 and ends on 16th March 2012 at noon (12:00 CET).
13. Each Participant will participate in the Competition online via the website: http://www.IWC.com/money-cant-buy-experiences.
14. Only one submission per Participant will be accepted. In the event that Participant submits more than one Entry Form, the subsequent submissions will be ignored. Only Participants who have correctly answered the question will be eligible for the Prize Draws.
15. First Draw. Participants must submit their answers and registration for the first draw of the Competition online before 26th September 2011 at noon (12:00 CET). Submissions after this time and date will be ignored.
16. Second Draw. Participants must submit their answers and registration for the second draw of the Competition online before 16 March 2012 at noon (12:00 CET). Submissions after this time and date will be ignored.
17. Furthermore, Winners’ names may be posted to the IWC website and/or on its social network pages (see Rules 28/29 below).
18. IWC will not accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission or mail delivery, communications-line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, viruses, bugs or other causes outside its control.
19. The first draw will take place on 30 September 2011 and the first winning entry will be randomly selected by a member of the IWC staff. The second draw will take place on 30th March 2012, and the winning entry will be randomly selected by a member of the IWC staff.
20. There are two prizes to be won, that is one Prize per draw. Each winner will receive:
21. If for whatever reason the winner is not able to travel to the event location on the set dates, then the winner will forfeit his/her prize and IWC will draw a new winner.
22. The in-port sailing experience involves sailing on a yacht at the race location. If the Participant has health problems or is not of a sound medical condition, they should alert IWC prior to the event.
23. Flights, hotel accommodation and daily meals will be arranged, managed and paid for exclusively by IWC. All extras including food, beverages and other incidental costs are excluded from the Prize and must be paid by each winner. Anything not specifically mentioned above is not included in the Prize.
24. IWC will notify the Winner of the first leg of the Competition on or about 30th September 2011 by e-mail. IWC will notify the Winner of the second leg of the Competition on or about 30th March 2012 by e-mail. At this time IWC will provide details of how the Prize can be claimed. If the Prize is declined or unclaimed by a winner, or if a winner cannot be contacted based on the details supplied within five (5) business days of notification, a replacement winner may be drawn at IWC’s discretion and will be notified by IWC. The original entry that was drawn will then be forfeited.
25. The Prizes are personally attributed and not transferable. There is no cash alternative for the Prizes. The Prizes are awarded at IWC’s entire discretion, and no prize will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any Participant.
26. In his/her capacity as winner of the Competition, each of the two Winners expressly agrees to making himself/herself available to participate in any event organised around the presentation of the Prizes, in particular to being filmed, interviewed and photographed at the events. The Winner also expressly agrees that all film, photographs and interview material taken may be used by IWC on different media supports for communication and marketing purposes in relation to IWC as per Rules 28/29 below.
27. IWC does not accept liability for any damage, loss, pain or suffering incurred by any Participant entering the Competition. IWC is not responsible for any problems with local postal services or technical faults, be they in networks or telephone lines, computer systems, servers or suppliers, mobile telephones or computer equipment or software failing of any e-mail system or entry form received due to technical problems or to congestion related to the Internet, telephone lines or any website, or any combination thereof, including any damage or prejudice to the Participant’s telephone, computer or to any other person or mobile linked with or related to participation in or downloading of material on IWC’s website, be it related to the Competition or not.
28. IWC reserves the right to use, and the Participant expressly agrees that IWC may use the name and/or pseudonym of the Winner and/or all photographs and films taken of the winning Participant at any event that may be organised at the discretion of IWC. This use may include the Internet, such as IWC’s website, its social network pages including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc., and all advertising and publicity collateral.
29. The Participant grants IWC non-exclusive rights of use and dissemination free of charge including the right, if necessary, to reproduce their picture, voice or any other attribute of their personality as it appears in any film, photograph, etc., taken at any event that may be organised in relation to the Competition at the discretion of IWC.
31. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to the Competition, IWC’s decision shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
32. For all other matters the Rules shall be governed and construed in accordance with Swiss law. Disputes arising in connection with these Rules shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent Swiss courts.